Windows WSL Instructions
- 1.Follow either the written instructions or video tutorial below to install WSL2.
- 2.During this process, select "Ubuntu 20.04" as your Linux version.
- 3.See our overview below for a summary with screenshots.
- 1.Enable the Windows Subsystem for Linux
- 2.Ensure you meet the requirements for WSL2
- 3.Enable the Virtual Machine feature in Windows (see screenshot below)
- 4.Download the WSL2 update package
- 5.Set WSL2 as your default Linux system
- 6.Open Microsoft store, search for Ubuntu 20.04, and install it
- 7.Launch the terminal and follow the prompt to create a new username/password (see screenshot below).
Note: Copy these commands and then paste into WSL2 by right-clicking on the terminal.
Enter the following commands into your Ubuntu terminal:
curl https://raw.githubusercontent.com/creationix/nvm/master/install.sh | bash # Download and install
source ~/.profile # Reload system environment
nvm install lts/erbium
In order to access your WSL2 file directory, run the following command in WSL2:
This will allow you to browse WSL2 as if it were another computer on a local network.